Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array, Gigabit Ethernet (DRDS4A21)
- Five storage bays, each of which can hold one standard 3.5 inch SATA I / II / III hard disk drives or solid state drives and one mSATA solid state drive in the Drobo Accelerator Bay
- Connectivity - One Gigabit Ethernet port with Ethernet cable included
- Network Protocols - Common Internet File System (CIFS)/Server Message Block (SMB) and Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)
- Drobo BeyondRAID - Provides thin provisioning, instant expansion, mixed drive size utilization, automatic protection levels, dual disk redundancy, virtual hot spare, data aware and drive reordering
- Additional Software Features - Data aware tiering, OS X Time Machine Support, drive spin down and dim lights
- Operating System Support- Mac OS X 10.7.x Lion, Mac OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion, Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64 bit, Windows 8 32 and 64 bit
Drobo 5N 5-Bay Gigabit Ethernet Network-Attached Storage Array
Data Protection and Expandability Made Simple
Built on award-winning BeyondRAID technology with single or dual-drive redundancy, Drobo 5N protects your data without any user interaction, even in the event of multiple drive failures. Drives can be added or hot-swapped on-the-fly for storage expansion with zero downtime. If you're running low on space, the lights on the front tell you what to do. Just add a drive in an empty bay or remove a smaller drive and replace it with a larger one.
The Drobo 5N is equipped with a single Gigabit Ethernet port for network connectivity and connects directly to your network to make sharing your data easy. Just plug it into any switch or wireless router and you're ready to go. You can even connect the Drobo 5N directly to the Ethernet port on your computer without having to configure any settings.
Capacity and Performance
Data-aware tiering technology, usually reserved for business class storage solutions, is also available in this networked Drobo. It intelligently uses the high performance SSDs to accelerate performance of the storage array, allowing applications such as Adobe Lightroom and Apple iPhoto or iTunes fast access to data. To keep capacity of the Drobo at a maximum, the Drobo accelerator bay accepts an industry standard mSATA SSD, leaving all five 3.5 inch drives bays available for high capacity HDDs. If getting the fastest performance possible is your thing, you can also load up every drive bay with SSDs. Drobo gives you the flexibility to choose.
Power Protecting Your Critical Data
Drobo doesn't just protect you from a drive failure, but also from potential data loss after a power outage. Often found only in arrays that cost tens of thousands of dollars, Drobo 5N includes a battery that protects all data in memory, or cache, that is, data on its way to the drives. When power spontaneously goes away, the battery keeps the Drobo alive long enough for the data to be written to non-volatile storage, ensuring your important information is safe. This battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.
Designed for You
Drobo devices have always been space efficient and the Drobo 5N is no exception. It was designed from the ground up to provide very high capacity without taking up a lot of your valuable desk space. It is compact because of Drobo's unique carrierless drive-bay design, allowing drives to be installed very close to each other. Drobo 5N is also significantly quieter than previous-generation Drobos due to its tuned, large, variable-speed cooling fan. You can even configure Drobo to spin down drives when they're not in use to further reduce
What's in the Box
- Drobo 5N
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Ethernet cable
- 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Card
- Product Dimensions: 10.3 x 5.9 x 7.3 inches; 8.5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 pounds
- ASIN: B00AMAJGOO
- Item model number: DRDS4A21
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews